The first meeting of
Kirkcolm Community Council
Wednesday 9 October 2013 at 7.30pm
in Kirkcolm Village Hall
|Community Councillors||Scott Baillie
|Officials||Wilma McKeown, Area Committee Administrator, on behalf of the Returning Officer
|Present||Marion McCutcheon, Councillor
Janet McLeod, Resident
Louise Cochran, Brownies
Margot Nichol, Resident
Margaret Baillie, Kirkcolm Welfare Cmtte
Becky Richardson, Kirkcolm Parent Council
Wilma McKeown chaired the meeting.
- SEDERUNT AND APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (See above)
Wilma McKeown welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked all for attending. It was explained that she was present on behalf of the returning officer (Stephen Jack) and that she would chair until item 2. And minute until secretary elected. Apologies were received from Ros Surtrees, Resident and Councillor Iain Dick.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF THE CHAIRPERSON
AGREED Scott Baillie as Chairman. This was proposed by Malcolm Baker and seconded by Ian Morral. It was agreed that Wilma McKeown would continue to Chair the meeting.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF THE VICE-CHAIRPERSON
MOTION – Carrie White to be Vice Chair – proposed by Scott Baillie and seconded by Malcolm Baker.
AMENDMENT – Sara McCulloch to be Vice Chair – proposed by Scott Baillie and seconded by Ian Morral.
A vote was taken by secret ballot:-
Motion – 1 vote
Amendment – 4 votes
AGREED Sara McCulloch as Vice-Chair proposed by Scott Baillie and seconded by Ian Morral.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF THE SECRETARY
AGREED Ian Morral as Secretary. Proposed by Malcolm Baker and seconded by Scott Baillie.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF THE TREASURER
AGREED Ian Morral as Treasurer. Proposed by Scott Baillie and seconded by Carrie White.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF THE EXAMINER(S) OF ACCOUNTS (See Note 5)
AGREED to ask Wilma Swan if she would be willing to examine the Accounts as in previous years.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF THE RETURNING OFFICER (See Note 6)
AGREED that Margot Nicol would be the Returning Officer.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF ANY OTHER OFFICE BEARER OR EMPLOYEES (See Note 7)
NOTED that Malcolm Baker would remain as the Windfarm Administrator, proposed by Scott Baillie and seconded by Carrie White.
- CONSIDER THE CO-OPTION OF VOTING & NON-VOTING MEMBERS IN TERMS OF PARAGRAPH 4.1 (C) OF THE SCHEME FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF COMMUNITY COUNCILS IN DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY (See Note 8)
AGREED none at present.
- CONSIDER THE APPOINTMENT OF ANY COMMITTEES (See Note 9)
AGREED none at present.
- CONSIDER THE PRODUCTION OF CERTIFIED STATEMENT OF ASSETS AND LIABILITIES OF FORMER COMMUNITY COUNCIL (See Note 10)
NOTED that the Income and Expenditure details would start afresh for this new Community Council.
- CONSIDER PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE COVER (See Note 11)
AGREED that Public Liability Insurance was already provided by Dumfries and Galloway Council.
- CONSIDER REQUEST TO DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY COUNCIL FOR ADMINISTRATIVE GRANT FOR THE CURRENT FINANCIAL YEAR ENDING 31 MARCH (See Note 12)
NOTED that this application form had been received and should completed and returned to Dumfries and Galloway Council by 28 February 2014.
- CONSIDER ARRANGEMENTS FOR DRAWING UP A CONSTITUTION IN TERMS OF PARAGRAPH 12.1 OF THE SCHEME FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF COMMUNITY COUNCILS IN DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY (See Note 13)
AGREED the Best Practice Constitution included with this Agenda and signed by the Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. Wilma McKeown would lodge this for ratification by the Council’s Proper Officer and a copy of the constitution would be returned to the Community Council.
- ANY OTHER COMPETENT BUSINESS
15.1 Minutes of Meeting of 12 June 2013
15.2 Windfarm funding and Christmas Lights Switch On
AGREED to hold a meeting on Saturday 19 October, 2013 at 2pm in Village Hall to discuss
- the application submissions for the Windfarm Funding which have to be submitted by the deadline of 31 October, 2013. All applications to include what is applied for, how much it will cost, with 3 quotes if possible, and who will benefit if the funding is granted; and
- to discuss the organisation for the Christmas Lights Switch On in December, 2013.
15.3 Funding for Brownies
AGREED that Sara would liaise with the Brownies and provide costs to the next meeting for the funding of a new Flag and also the cost of the fundraising badge for all brownies who assisted at the Gala Day and the Community Council would consider funding the above.
15.4 Community Issues
- Marion McCutcheon would arrange for the dog bins at the Bus Shelter in Bayview Terrace, Kirkcolm and at the Primary School to be emptied as soon as possible – both overflowing; and
- Marion McCutcheon would speak with DGHP regarding the overgrown garden at No 2 Bayview Terrace, Kirkcolm which was encroaching on the pavement.
- That the Brownies were requesting if there was any storage facilities available in the Hall they could use. AGREED that they could purchase a lockable cupboard which could be kept in the Supper Room.
- The Brownies would like to thank all the Community for their support.
- That the Brownies requested if they could use the Disco Lights and PA System for 2 evenings : Wed 30 October 2013 for Halloween Disco and Wed 11 December 2013 for Christmas Party –
NOTED that Sara was speaking with Councillors and DGHP to progress the playpark and ramppark in Kirkcolm and would keep the Community Council informed.
NOTED that a new Community Council Enquiry System would be implemented for Community Councils to submit any requests for information, action, support to Dumfries and Galloway Council. AGREED Ian Morral would be the contact person for this system.
- FIX DATE, TIME AND VENUE FOR NEXT MEETING
AGREED that the next meeting would be held on Wednesday 11 December 2013 at 7.30pm in Supper Room, Kirkcolm Village Hall. Meetings will be held bi-monthly on the 2nd Wednesday.