MEETING HELD AT 7:30PM ON TUESDAY 13th JUNE 2017
IN THE SUPPER ROOM AT THE KIRKCOLM VILLAGE HALL
PRESENT: – Susan Irons (KCC), Thomas Cochrane (KCC), Barry Miller (KCC), Angus Carrick Buchanan (KCC), Gail Adams (KCC), Carrie White (Senior Citizens Welfare Committee), Bobby McKie (Bowling Club), Willie Scobie (Councillor), Andrew Giusti (Councillor), Ros Surtees (Councillor), Ronnie Boyce (Police Scotland), Morag Rowley (Lochryan Sailing Club)
APOLOGIES: – Sara McCulloch (KCC)
1. POLICE BUSINESS
PC Ronnie Boyce informed the meeting that there was nothing to report from the Kirkcolm area since last month. Carrie White told him that the gates at the village park on Main Street had been vandalised and that there had been eggs thrown at cars through the village. Ronnie Boyce told the meeting that Police Scotland and Trading Standards are joining together to create cold calling zones. He will send the information relating to this to Susan Irons.
- CO-OP ERIC GARRETT, 48 MAIN STREET, KIRKCOLM, DG9 0NN
Eric Garrett was co-opted onto the Kirkcolm Community Council. This was proposed Barry Miller, seconded by Tommy Cochran and agreed by all. Susan Irons will liaise with Eric Garrett re. dates and times, he is available for meetings.
- MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the previous meeting were proposed by Tommy Cochran and seconded by Angus Carrick Buchanan.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Financial Statement April 1st 2016 -March 31st 2017
This financial statement could still not be passed as it is still not complete.
- Other financial matters
The meeting was informed that a private meeting of the KCC held on 6.6.2017 had accepted advice to draw a line under previous KCC financial statements. Councillor Willie Scobie agreed to ask Dumfries and Galloway Council to clarify the responsibility the Council has to scrutinise Community Council accounts. The Treasurer distributed a copy of the KCC monthly bank statement and told the meeting there is a total £16,888.38 in the account. Included in this is £10,500 ringfenced for the core path. It was agreed that the KCC set up online banking read-only for the book keeper to refer to. This was agreed by all.
- Kirkcolm Community Trust
Angus Carrick Buchanan gave the meeting a brief overview on the history of this matter. Barry Miller proposed that the Glenapp windfarm contract be signed by the Kirkcolm Community Council. This was seconded by Tommy Cochran and unanimously accepted by all. It was agreed that wind farm co-ordinator is to sign the Glenapp windfarm contract on behalf of the KCC.
- Contractual agreements with the wind farms
The wind farm co-ordinator told the group that the Glenapp windfarm should move forward quickly now. He also stated that the KCC are waiting on the opinion of David Hall before signing the Labrax windfarm contract.
- Gala report
There was a brief discussion regarding organisation of the Gala on the coming Saturday and it was agreed to meet in the hall on Wednesday night at 7.30pm to get everything out from underneath the stage in Kirkcolm hall.
- Community Assets Transfer
Jamie Fergusson was not able to meet with members of the KCC as agreed so a date will be arranged either before the next KCC meeting or he can be invited to attend the next KCC meeting.
- Appointment of legal advisor to KCC
Barry Miller moved that the KCC engage David Hall of Hall Baird solicitors as the KCC legal advisor. This was seconded by Angus Carrick Buchanan and agreed by all members. David Hall is to be contacted to determine terms of engagement. A formal agreement with Jim Brown, KCC book keeper needs to be put in place as well.
- Updated website
Liam Bailey will be approached regarding this matter. It was agreed the Hall Baird website could act as a loose model for the new KCC one. By next month he will bring the bones of the cost of the update website and the way ahead to the meeting.
- KIRKCOLM ACTION PLAN
Contact will be made with Creetown Initiative regarding the windfarm contracts.
- GRANTS TO COMMUNITY GROUPS FROM KCC WIND FARM INCOME
An initial discussion took place regarding the 10 bids that had been received for the North Rhins wind farm income.
- POSSIBLE PURCHASE OF STORAGE FACILITIES
A garage in the village had been viewed as a possible store for gala marquees etc. It would be £400 to buy the garage, then £230 land rent to Dumfries and Galloway Council. Angus Carrick Buchanan offered to store the gala equipment in one of his sheds. This was agreed by all.
Susan Irons informed the meeting of a couple of correspondence items that the KCC had received. The first was an invitation to participate in the 20mph members bill consultation from Mark Ruskell MSP. It was agreed not to participate as the KCC has so much on at the minute. The second was to complete a survey on a draft Dumfries and Galloway Carer’s strategy 2017-2021 consultation, it was decided not to complete this either.
The treasurer told the meeting money held to be spent on the core path could be used to cut the grass on the Scar road and around the circular seating. Tommy Cochran then declared an interest. It was agreed a single cut of 1.6m cut each side would suffice and should cost no more than £240. It was agreed to ask Kirranrae if they wished to do it first then if not Tommy Cochran would be approached. Bobby McKie told the meeting he was asked a few meetings ago to give the secretary a map of possible passing places on the Kirminnoch hill which he had gave her tonight. An e-mail will be sent to the CCES and the 4 local councillors.
The WREN funding applications were brought up that villages can apply to if they are near landfill sites. It was agreed to contact our MP and MSP regarding this.